At least three people were killed and several others injured on Tuesday night when a suicide bomber blew himself up at a lively restaurant in the Somali capital Mogadishu’s Yaqshid district, according to a police officer.
Meanwhile, an intelligence officer and two bodyguards were killed after a landmine attack on his vehicle in the Daynile district of Mogadishu earlier in the day.
A police officer who spoke to Anadolu Agency (AA) after the attack confirmed that there were other injured.
“The suicide bomber blew himself up in front of a restaurant frequented by local youths, killing at least three people and injuring several others,” Abdifatah Hassan told AA by telephone.
He said that ambulances with ambulances and security personnel reached the scene and that the injured were taken to hospital.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, but the Somali-based al-Qaeda-linked group al-Shabaab has claimed responsibility for the latest attacks in the Horn of Africa.
Al-Shabaab claimed responsibility for the attack, saying its fighters were ambushing security officials and killing more than 12 soldiers.