the procedure is resumed following “guarantees” from the authorities


After the commander of the fight against the terrorist force Forsat surrendered to the authorities, the normal procedure was resumed. Meetings were held between various actors in the case to conclude legal action.

Divisional Commissioner Oumar Samaké finally surrendered, at the end of a series of meetings that have been held since Sunday between the commander of Forsat himself, the police unions, the director general of the police and on Monday with the Minister of Security, Colonel Daoud Aly Mohammedine.

During this meeting, “guarantees” were given commander of Forsat and to police organizations that “have a fair trial” and “that all concerned come to justice”. In exchange for what, ”the entire national police force agreed to make itself available to the court. Today, our wish is that everyone who is in the case can all be heard and that the court should be told “, explained RFI adjutant Daouda Cissé, Deputy Secretary General of the SPN, the union for National Police SPN-CSTM.

“Justice did what we asked for” A demand that makes the police agree with the organizers of the demonstrations in July 2020, repressed in blood by the police. For it is, of course, this oppression that Malian justice seeks to shed light on.

“We can rejoice in the sense that justice has finally done what we asked,” responded Clément Dembélé, president of the Anti-Corruption Platform. He was one of the leaders of the protest and believes that “we must continue the process quickly”. “We must not stay with the master [Oumar] Samaké de la Forsat, we must go further, that this story is not a political story, not just an announcing effect. This is what we will follow very closely in the coming days, he concludes.

The investigating judge responsible for this sensitive case can now start working again.


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More